The Count the Kicks app is a great way to monitor your baby's health in the third trimester! This free tool allows you to track your babies’ movements, and strength of your baby, on a daily basis, while giving you data to share with your provider. In-app messaging empowers you to speak up if there is a change in what’s normal for your baby and provides you with guidance on how to monitor it. Research shows a change in fetal movement can be the earliest and sometimes only indication that a baby is in distress and should be checked by a provider. Kick counting is a great way to bond with your baby, and 78% of app users say it lowers their anxiety during pregnancy.
Count the Kicks app features include:
- Ability to rate the strength of your baby’s movements
- Ability to download and send kick-counting data directly from the app
- Ability to take notes on each kick-counting session
- Available in 16 languages: Amharic, Arabic, Burmese, Chinese, Dari, English, French, Haitian-Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Marshallese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, and Vietnamese
- Ability to track movements of single babies or twins
- Easy-to-read graphs that show your baby’s normal movement history
- Login via social media or accounts such as Google or Microsoft
- Daily interactive and educational messages that appear after a kick session has been saved
- Notifications to remind users to count kicks
- An optional survey for users to inform us of their experience using the app and the outcome of their pregnancy
- "Baby save" stories within the app and the ability for users to submit a baby save story directly from the app
- Available on Apple Watch and on your desktop computer.